Private Rented Sector and Build-to-rent Specialist
Our Block Management team play a key and important role in the management of your PRS development. Complete have experience managing entire blocks on behalf of investors and developers. You build, we manage.
Working with tenants, we constantly receive & review feedback on the important things, however large or small. We are proactive, allowing us to implement and focus on the things that work!
The Complete PRS Process...
1. Design and Planning
Our services are tailored exclusively to your PRS developments individual needs. We will assist at the planning stage by emphasising any potential design problems that may impact on the future costs to manage and maintain the development.
Our services provide guidance on the following:
- Planned materials and finishes.
- Management structure and operating budgets.
- Site design, arrangements and service scheme.
- Estate and amenity monitoring strategies.
- Lift and gate specifications.
- Building insurance valuations and administration.
- Refuse, parking and environmental strategies.
- Resident and visitor parking.
- Renewable, sustainable and efficient energy systems.
- Security measures and systems.
Once you reach the building stage we will liaise with your appointed site manager, to assist with a smooth transition from completion to management control. We work with you during the build programme to ensure nothing is left out. Complete also provide advice during the appraisal process on operating cost and life cycle budgeting.
We will deliver, as per your individual requirements:
- Operating budget sign off.
- Support to your sales and marketing team as necessary.
- Customer service support.
- Monitoring of integration of services such as utilities, telecommunications, mechanical and electrical.
We develop a creative marketing plan to pre-sell units during the building phases to help ensure occupancy on completion. Advertising and marketing of the property on the Complete lettings website and property portals. This will also incorporate:
- Tenant find & referencing - We do not charge a tenant find fee on top of our PRS letting fees.
- Organising and conducting viewings with prospective tenants.
- Conducting a full reference check including employer and previous landlord character references, affordability assessment and background check. Where necessary, additional security would be requested by means of a guarantor. In the case of a company, a full bank reference would be undertaken. Unique tenant vetting to help you build the right community, with the right type of tenant. We do not charge for tenant references.
- Generating and preparing the tenancy agreement necessary for the Landlord to gain protection of the relevant Rent and Housing Acts and renewing the agreement where necessary at the end of the term.
- Taking a security deposit from the Tenant and submitting all required paperwork to comply with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme rules.
- Collecting the rent and paying over to the Landlord on a monthly basis, less any fees or expenses due or incurred for the period. Payments will be made by direct bank transfer and a detailed rent statement will be forwarded to the Landlord. On large portfolios, monthly payments will be made in line with reporting requirements.
- Regular inspection of the Property and responsibility for the management of any vacant property is also included.
- Organising check-in/out appointment; to include, signing of the tenancy agreement, thorough check of the property against the ongoing photographic colour inventory, handover of keys and setting up of standing order for future rent payments, utility reads (where applicable), condition reports at check out.
The ongoing PRS block management & support includes:
- Bespoke management information reports to suit your management team and investors.
- Our in-house accountants will provide financial planning, budgeting and client support.
- Full management of the PRS block and facilities management of the entire scheme (and units where required).
- 24/7 client account access.
- Full risk mitigation.
- Ongoing asset performance management.
- Professional rental assessment to determine estimated rental income and advise the Landlord on all relevant related matters and any action required to make the property suitable for letting.
We manage the day to day Facilities Management of the common areas and units. This includes:
- Arranging with service companies, principally electricity, gas, water, mandatory servicing requirements for the development.
- Units to include EPC’s, PAT testing, and Legionella etc. Meter readings and advice on service contracts to the Tenant at the beginning of each tenancy.
- Management & coordination of repair or maintenance including arranging for tradesmen to attend the property and obtaining estimates where necessary, supervising works and settling of accounts from rents received.
- Concierge services to suit.
As managers, we also maintain responsibility for all health and safety compliance as well as reactive and planned maintenance & facilities management.